I can't resist to share this delicious recipe from @panaceas_pantry. Thank you!
1/2 cup pecans
1 Tbsp coconut flour
1/4 cup raw cacao
Pinch good-quality salt
6+ Soft Medjool dates
1. Add everything except the dates to a food processor. Pulse until very small crumbs have formed.
2. Add dates (ensure you remove pips), and pulse until the mix starts to clump together (if this doesn't happen, add more dates). 3. Press into a small tin of choice (I used a 10cm square one)
Creamy vanilla filling
1 cup raw cashews, soaked 4 hours
1/4 cup coconut cream
2-3 tsp pure vanilla extract (start with less, add more to your liking)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Melt coconut oil and set aside to cool
2. After 5 minutes, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth. Pour into your base and set in the freezer
1 Tbsp raw cacao
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp coconut cream
2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Set up a heatproof bowl over a pot of just simmering water. Heat bowl, then turn off water.
2. Add coconut oil and allow to melt. Once liquid, add remaining ingredients then whisk until smooth. Pour final later onto cake, and reset in freezer.
For me, this made 9 squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge (up to a week) or freezer (for 3 weeks). You can easily exchange maple syrup for your preferred liquid sweetener, cacao for carb, Medjool dates for Turkish dates (just soak them first) or pecans for wants. Enjoy- it's my new favourite
What is your favorite dessert?
Stay Active, Eat Well!